|Born||September 6th, 1977 |
|Productions||Parade as Leo Frank |
Les Misérables as Bamatabois
Matilda the Musical as Miss Trunchbull (original London cast/original Broadway cast)
|Recordings||Les Misérables (film soundtrack) |
Matilda the Musical (original cast recording)
Bertie Carvel is an English actor.
Born in London, Carvel trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, and soon became a respected actor on both stage and screen. On stage he received two Olivier nominations (one leading to a victory) for his work in musical theatre. As well as musicals, he also appeared in Coram Boy and Damned by Despair.
Carvel also had an extensive number of television credits, including Doctor Who, Sherlock, and the magician Jonathan Strange in the miniseries Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. In addition, he provided the voice of the "Imperial Agent" in the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Carvel has had a handful of musical roles that have nonetheless been notable; he appeared in the film adaptation of Les Misérables as Bamatabois, received an Olivier nomination for his role in Parade, and appeared as Miss Trunchbull in Matilda the Musical, a part which earned him both an Olivier and Drama Desk Award.
- Fantine's Arrest (contains solo lines)
- How Can I Call This Home? (contains solo lines)
- Leo At Work" / "What Am I Waiting For? (duet)
- Interrogation: I Am Trying to Remember... (contains solo lines)
- The Trial (Finale Act I)(contains solo lines)
- This Is Not Over Yet (contains solo lines)
- All the Wasted Time (duet)
- Sh'ma (solo)
- Finale (contains solo lines)
- The Hammer (contains solo lines)
- The Smell of Rebellion (contains solo lines)