|Born||November 23rd, 1887 |
|Died||February 2nd, 1969 |
|Productions||The Baker's Broadcast |
The Body Snatchers as Cabman John Gray
Peter Pan as Captain James Hook/Mr. Darling
A Connecticut Yankee as King Arthur (video)
The Rosemary Clooney Show
The Gisele MacKenzie Show
Mad Monster Party? as Baron Boris von Frankenstein
|Recordings||Peter Pan (original cast recording)|
Boris Karloff was an English actor.
Born William Pratt in Camberwell, London, Karloff began acting in Canada and later joined the Jeanne Russell Company before making his screen debut in 1919. Though he initially only worked as an extra onscreen, he rocketed to fame after playing The Creature in 1931's Frankenstein.
Karloff soon became a major horror star, appearing in a number of Frankenstein sequels, The Mummy and The Mask of Fu Manchu. He also appeared in Scarface, The Black Cat and Targets. Onstage, Karloff gained success for his roles in Arsenic and Old Lace and The Lark.
Karloff passed away in 1969.
Karloff also sang during appearances on various interview programmes, including The Rosemary Clooney Show and The Lux Show and performed the duet "We're Horrible, Horrible Men" on The Baker's Broadcast.
- Poor Daft Jamie (solo)
- A Toast (contains solo lines)
- At the Round Table (contains solo lines)
- You Always Love the Same Girl (duet)
- One Step Ahead (contains solo lines)
- You'd Be Surprised (duet)
- Children Have Quizzical Ways (solo)
- You Do Something to Me (solo)
- I Get So Frightened (duet)
- Those Were the Good Old Days (solo)
- The Girlfriend of the Whirling Dervish (contains solo lines)
- The Two of Us (duet)
- The Three of Us (contains solo lines)
Captain James HookEdit
- The Plank Round
- We're Horrible, Horrible Men (duet)