|Born||October 9th, 1936 |
|Productions||Man of La Mancha as Pedro/The Innkeeper (singing voice) |
Cats as Old Deuteronomy/Bustopher Jones
The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling as Squire Western
Hard Times as Charles Dickens (original London cast)
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as Baron Bomburst (original London cast)
Stars In Their Eyes
|Recordings||Man of La Mancha (film soundtrack) |
Hard Town (original cast recording)
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (original cast recording)
Brian Blessed is an English actor.
Born in Mexborough, Yorkshire, Blessed studied at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, he appeared in a number of television appearances in character parts before gaining recognition for his role as Augustus in I, Claudius and Richard IV in Blackadder, as well as film appearances such as Prince Vultan in Flash Gordon.
Recognised for his deep booming voice, Blessed has provided a number of audio narrations as well as being a voice for the Tom Tom driving navigation system. He has also been an explorer, boxer and climber.
Blessed's booming voice has led to a number of musical roles, such as Pedro in Man of La Mancha (where he also dubbed Harry Andrews' Innkeeper) and the originator of Bustopher Jones and Old Deuteronomy in Cats.
He also sang briefly in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, and appeared as Luciano Pavarotti on Stars In Your Eyes, where he performed "O Sole Mio". He also appeared in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang onstage, originating the role of Baron Bomburst.
- Little Bird, Little Bird
- Finale Ultimo: The Impossible Dream (reprise)
- The Dubbing (solo)
- Knight of the Woeful Countenance (contains solo lines)
- Air XX, The Beggar's Opera: March in Rinaldo (solo)
- When I Was a Boy (contains solo lines)
- O Sole Mio (solo)
- Bustopher Jones (contains solo lines)
- Old Deuteronomy (contains solo lines)
- The Meaning of Happiness (duet)
- Journey to the Heaviside Layer
- The Addressing of Cats (contains solo lines)
- Chu-Chi Face (duet)
- The Bombie Samba (contains solo lines)