|Born||December 13th, 1915 |
Solln, Kingdom of Bavaria
|Died||June 18th, 1982 |
|Productions||The Enemy Below as Von Stolberg |
The Threepenny Opera as Macheath
|Recordings||The Threepenny Opera (film soundtrack) |
Auf Der Reeperbahn Nachts Um Halb Eins
60 Jahre - Und Kein Bisschen Weise
Kopf Oder Zahl
Waren Das Noch Zeiten
Curd Jürgens was a German actor.
Born in Solln, Bavaria, Jürgens was a journalist before becoming a successful stage actor in Vienna and making his breakthrough screen role in Des Teufels General. He would make a number of appearances onscreen in his native Germany, such as And God Created Woman and Devil in Silk before his first Hollywood film; The Enemy Below.
Jürgen appeared in several major English language films, notably as General Blumentritt in The Longest Day and the Bond villain Karl Stromberg in The Spy Who Loved Me, as well as television series such as Smiley's People. He remained a prominent stage performer throughout his career and played his final role as Pasha Selim in The Abduction from the Seraglio.
Jürgens passed away in 1982.
Jürgens sang in two films in his native German, the first joining his crew in the drinking song "So leben wir alle Tage" in The Enemy Below, before playing the leading role of Macheath in the film of The Threepenny Opera.
Jürgens also released several singles in his lifetime, including Auf Der Reeperbahn Nachts Um Halb Eins and 60 Jahre - Und Kein Bisschen Weise
- So leben wir alle Tage
- Siehst du den Mond über Soho? (contains solo lines)
- Der Kanonensong (duet)
- Siehst du den Mond über Soho? (reprise)(duet)
- Zuhälter-Ballade (duet)
- Ballade vom angenehmen Leben (solo)
- Verfolgt das Unrecht nicht zu sehr (contains solo lines)
- Auf Der Reeperbahn Nachts Um Halb Eins (solo)
- Kleine Möwe, Flieg Nach Helgoland (solo)
- 60 Jahre - Und Kein Bisschen Weise (solo)
- Wenn (If)(solo)
- Kalter Kaffee (solo)
- Wenn Man Sich So Den Tag Betrachtet (solo)
- Kopf Oder Zahl (solo)
- Giess Mir Kein Wasser In Den Wein (solo)
- Waren Das Noch Zeiten (solo)
- Winnetou (solo)