|Born||January 20th, 1950 |
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Productions||Fiddler on the Roof |
Evita as Juan Peron
Sunset Boulevard as Max Von Mayerling (original London cast)
|Recordings||Sunset Boulevard (original cast recording)|
Daniel Benzali is a Brazilian actor.
Born in Rio de Janeiro, Benzali was raised in New York, but had an established acting career in Britain, where he became a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company. He first became recognised internationally for his role as the corrupt W.G. Howe in A View to a Kill.
After this role, Benzali became a popular American television actor, beginning with guest appearances before gaining the leading role in the series Murder One which earned him praise and a Golden Globe nomination. He continued to make television and film appearances in supporting roles, such as Nip/Tuck and NYPD Blue.
Benzali performed in a number of musicals, taking over as Juan Peron during the original run of Evita, performing in Fiddler on the Roof and Animal Crackers, and originating the role of Max von Mayerling in Sunset Boulevard.
Fiddler on the RoofEdit
- The Art of the Possible
- Charity Concert (contains solo lines)
- I'd be Surprisingly Good for You (duet)
- A New Argentina (contains solo lines)
- On the Balcony of the Casa Rosada (contains solo lines)
- Rainbow Tour (contains solo lines)
- She is a Diamond (contains solo lines)
- Dice Are Rolling/Eva's Sonnet (duet)
- Montage (contains solo lines)
- Greatest Star of All (solo)
- Back at the House on Sunset (duet)
- New Year's Eve (duet)
- Paramount Conversations (contains solo lines)
- New Ways to Dream (reprise)(solo)
- Final Scene (contains solo lines)