|Born||October 4th, 1925 |
Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
|Productions||Ziegfeld Follies of 1943 as A Ben Yost's Vi-King |
1776 as Rev. John Witherspoon/Charles Thompson/Dr. Lyman Hall/Stephen Hopkins/Thomas Jefferson
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street as Judge Turpin
A Doll's Life as Eric
Merlin as Wizard
Into the Woods as Cinderella's Father/Mysterious Man
Grand Hotel as Colonel-Doctor Otternschlag
Jekyll & Hyde as Sir Danvers Carew
A Musical Christmas Carol as Ebenezer Scrooge
|Recordings||Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (original cast recording) |
A Doll's Life (original cast recording)
Into the Woods (original Broadway cast)
Edmund Lyndeck is an American actor.
Born in Bayonne, New Jersey, Lyndeck became a performer at a young age, becoming a versatile character actor who notably played three seperate roles in an Off-Broadway production of Around the World in Eighty Days in 1964.
Whilst his primary medium is theatre, Lyndeck has made several onscreen appearances, comedies such as Road Trip and Big Daddy and numerous guest roles on television.
Making his start in regional theatre, Lyndeck made his Broadway debut in the non-singing role of Reverend John Witherspoon in 1776 before understudying and moving up to playing several other larger roles. He became most famous however for his role as the antagonistic Judge Turpin in the original production of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, a role he continued to play in the ensuing tour and its respective video.
Lyndeck would later star with Sweeney costar Betsy Joslyn in A Doll's Life, and later worked with Stephen Sondheim again for the original production of Into the Woods. In 1982, he originated the role of "Wizard" in the musical Merlin.
In later years, Lyndeck originated the role of Sir Danvers Carew in the original Alley Theatre Production of Jekyll & Hyde and became a mainstay at the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera, playing Ebenezer Scrooge in A Musical Christmas Carol several years running.
- Is Anybody There? (duet)
- But, Mr. Adams (contains solo lines)
- The Ballad of Sweeney Todd
- Johanna - Judge's Song (solo)
- Kiss Me (quartet)
- Pretty Women (duet)
- The Judge's Return (duet)
- The Ballad of Sweeney Todd (reprise 7) (contains solo lines)
- New Year's Eve (contains solo lines)
- Rare Wines (duet)
- There She Is (contains solo lines)
- Pick a Pocket or Two (contains solo lines)
- Rum Tum Tum (solo)
- I'd Do Anything (contains solo lines)
- Be Back Soon (contains solo lines)
- It's a Fine Life (reprise)(contains solo lines)
- Reviewing the Situation (solo)
- Reviewing the Situation (reprise)(solo)
- The Elements (contains solo lines)
- Nobody Will Remember Him (duet)
- He Who Knows The Way (solo)
- He Who Knows The Way (reprise)(solo)
- He Who Knows The Way (second reprise)(contains solo lines)
Cinderella's Father (originated the role)Edit
- Act Two Finale
- No More (duet)
- Sir Danvers (contains solo lines)
- Board of Governors (contains solo lines)
- Your Work and Nothing More (contains solo lines)