|Born||August 3rd, 1936 |
West Bowling, England
|Productions||Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as Toymaker (original London cast) |
The Woman in White as Mr. Fairlie (original London cast)
Coco as Louis Greff
The Importance of Being Earnest as Dr. Chasuble
|Recordings||Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (original cast recording) |
The Woman in White (original cast recording)
Edward Petherbridge is an English actor.
Born in West Bowling, Bradford, he trained at the Northern Theatre School and made his professional stage debut as Piers Galveston in Edward II. He later joined the National Theatre Company and notable originated the role of Guildenstern in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. He appeared in a range of roles both comic and tragic, including Newman Noggs in Nicholas Nickleby and the title character in Cyrano de Bergerac.
Petherbridge also appeared on television on several notable occasions, reprising his role as Newman Noggs in The Life and Times of Nicholas Nickleby, as well as famously playing Lord Peter Wimsey in the television adaptations of the classic mystery series.
Whilst best known for his comic and classical roles, Petherbridge performed in a number of musical roles, originating the roles of the Toymaker in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mr. Fairlie in The Woman in White.
- Teamwork (contains solo lines)
- Teamwork (reprise)(contains solo lines)
- I Hope You Like It Here (contains solo lines)
- Sir Percival Glyde Arrives (contains solo lines)
- A Gift for Living Well (contains solo lines)
- Fosco Tells of Laura's Death/The Funeral/London (contains solo lines)
- Back to Limmeridge (contains solo lines)
- The World Belongs to the Young (contains solo lines)
- When Your Lover Says Goodbye (solo)