|F. Murray Abraham|
|Born||October 24th, 1939 |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
|Productions||The Fantasticks as El Gallo |
The Big Fix as Eppis
Children of the Revolution as Josef Stalin
Triumph of Love as Hermocrates
A Christmas Carol as Ebenezer Scrooge
|Recordings||Triumph of Love (original cast recording)|
F. Murray Abraham is an American actor.
Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, he was born Murray Abraham, but added the "F" upon becoming an actor. Beginning on stage, Abraham then played a number of supporting roles in films, including Serpico and Scarface. But it was in 1984 that he would acheive his greatest success, gaining an Academy Award for his role as the envious composer Salieri in Amadeus.
Though he would later appear in several high profile films, including In the Name of the Rose and Last Action Hero, Abraham's work would mainly focus on the theatre, notably winning an Obie Award for his lead role in Uncle Vanya.
Abraham has made several singing appearances in his career, beginning with a leading role as El Gallo in The Fantasticks, and followed by brief duet with Richard Dreyfuss, singing "We Shall Not Be Moved" in The Big Fix. He later performed Cole Porter's "I Get a Kick Out of You" in Children of the Revolution, where he plays Josef Stalin.
Larger roles came later on stage, where he originated the role of Hermocrates in Triumph of Love, which included two duets. He also played Ebenezer Scrooge in 2002's production of A Christmas Carol at Madison Square Garden.
- We Shall Not Be Moved (duet)
- I Get a Kick Out of You (contains solo lines)
- Try to Remember (contains solo lines)
- It Depends On What You Pay (contains solo lines)
- I Can See It (duet)
- Round and Round (contains solo lines
- Try to Remember (reprise)(solo)
- This Day of Days (contains solo lines)
- Emotions (duet)
- The Tree (duet)
- Love Won't Take No For An Answer (contains solo lines)
- Jolly, Rich and Fat (Jolly Good Time)(contains solo lines)
- Nothing to Do With Me (contains solo lines)
- A Place Called Home (contains solo lines)
- Mr. Fezziwig's Annual Christmas Ball (contains solo lines)
- Dancing on Your Grave (contains solo lines)
- Yesterday, Tomorrow and Today (solo)
- Nothing to Do With Me (reprise)
- Christmas Together (reprise)
- God Bless Us Everyone