|Born||April 7th, 1934 |
|Died||February 9th, 2007 |
|Productions||Man of La Mancha as The Padre |
Trelawny as Tom Wrench (originated the role)
My Fair Lady as Professor Henry Higgins
|Recordings||Man of La Mancha (film soundtrack) |
Trelawny (original cast recording)
My Fair Lady (Broadway Revival cast)
Ian Richardson was a Scottish actor.
Born in Edinburgh, Scotland, he made his first stage appearance aged fourteen and; after elocution lessons to lose his Scottish accent, worked with the Birmingham Repertory Theatre and later the Royal Shakespeare Company. He began as a classical stage actor, and early screen appearances were in television productions of Shakespeare plays. An early success was his appearances in the West End, Broadway and film productions of Marat/Sade.
Richardson later became more well known for television, playing Bill Hayden in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and most famously playing the charming but ruthless politician Francis Urquhart in House of Cards, as well as making supporting appearances in films such as From Hell.
Richardson continued to act up until his death in 2007.
- I'm Only Thinking of Him (contains solo lines)
- The Psalm (solo)
- The Impossible Dream (second reprise)(contains solo lines)
- Walking On (duet)
- Tom Wrench's Letter (solo)
- Life (solo)
- Why Can't the English? (solo)
- I'm an Ordinary Man (solo)
- The Rain in Spain (contains solo lines)
- You Did It (contains solo lines)
- A Hymn to Him (duet)
- Without You (duet)
- I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face (solo)