|J. Pat O'Malley|
|Born||March 15th, 1904 |
|Died||February 27th, 1985 |
San Juan Capistrano, California, United States
|Productions||The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad as Cyril Proudbottom/Winkie/Policeman |
Alice in Wonderland as Tweedledee/Tweedledum/The Walrus/The Carpenter/Mother Oyster
Mary Poppins as Pearly Man
The Jungle Book as Colonel/Buzzie
Hello Dolly! as Policeman
Alice in Wonderland (film soundtrack)
The Jungle Book (film soundtrack)
Hello Dolly! (film soundtrack)
James Patrick O'Malley was an English actor.
Born in Burnley, Lancashire, O'Malley was initially a singer with the Jack Hylton Band, with whom he travelled to America where he decided to remain as an actor, making his debut in 1941. He soon became a regular performer for Walt Disney, and appeared in such films as One Hundred and One Dalmatians and Alice in Wonderland.
O'Malley also appeared frequently on television with appearances on programmes including Taxi and The Twilight Zone. He passed away in 1985.
O'Malley performed a number of songs in animated productions, singing the duet "Merrily On Our Way" in The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad and a number of solos in Alice in Wonderland in which he played a number of roles.
O'Malley also played both Colonel Hathi and Buzzie the Vulture in The Jungle Book, both of whom had singing parts.
- Merrily on Our Way (to Nowhere in Particular)(duet)
- The Walrus and the Carpenter (solo)
- Old Father William (solo)
- How Do You Do and Shake Hands (solo)
- Colonel Hathi's March (contains solo lines)
- Colonel Hathi's March (reprise)(contains solo lines)
- That's What Friends Are For (contains solo lines)
- It Only Takes a Moment
- Zing! Went the Strings on My Heart (solo)