|Born||January 4th, 1938 |
|Productions||Wonders in Letterland as Various Roles |
The Mystery of Edwin Drood as Mayor Thomas Sapsea/Chairman William Cartwright
Jim Norton is an Irish actor.
Born in Dublin, Ireland, Norton began his career in such films as Alfred the Great and Straw Dogs (and later included Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Water for Elephants) , before gaining greater recognition for his roles in such television series as Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Father Ted in which he played Bishop Len Brennan.
Norton was also a frequent presence on stage - originating roles in six works by playwright Conor McPherson and appearing in Of Mice and Men and Finian's Rainbow - and radio, voicing Mr. Deasy in Ulysses and Death in Good Omens.
Norton often appeared on stage but made his sole singing stage appearance in the dual roles of the Chairman and Mayor Sapsea in The Mystery of Edwin Drood. He also sang several times in the children's television series Wonders in Letterland, including the comical number "A Donut Ain't a Donut if it Donut Have a Hole."
- Happy Song (solo)
- Happy Birthday
- I'm Skipper McKipper (solo)
- I'm a Rascal, I'm a Rascal (solo)
- A Donut Ain't a Donut if it Donut Have a Hole (solo)
Chairman William CartwrightEdit
- There You Are (contains solo lines)
- An English Music Hall (contains solo lines)
- Settling Up the Score (reprise)(contains solo lines)
Mayor Thomas SapseaEdit
- Both Sides of the Coin (duet)
- Off to the Races (contains solo lines)