|Born||June 20, 1940 |
|Productions||Cheers as Sy Flembeck |
Frasier as Martin Crane
John Mahoney is an English born American actor.
Born in Blackpool, England, he moved to America as a young man before serving in the United States Army and joining the Steppenwolf Theatre, where he earned the award for Most Promising Newcomer. He would go on to receive a Tony Award for his role in House of Blue Leaves and began appearing in such films as Tin Men, In the Line of Fire and Barton Fink.
Mahoney gave one his most memorable performances as Martin Crane in the long-running comedy series Frasier and also became a popular voice actor, appearing in Antz, The Iron Giant and Disney's Atlantis films. He continued to work onstage, including originating a role in The Outgoing Tide.
- Old MacDonald Had a Farm (solo)
- Mary Had a Little Lamb (solo)
- Danny Boy (duet)
- Libiamo, ne'lieti calici, Brindisi
- She's Such a Groovy Lady (contains solo lines)
- O Holy Night (duet)
- Goldfinger (contains solo lines)
- Auld Lang Syne
- What's New, I'm Listening (solo)