|Born||December 14th, 1908 |
Thames Ditton, England
|Died||June 5th, 1992 |
|Productions||Candide as Dr. Pangloss (original London cast) |
Here's Love as Kris Kringle/Santa (original Broadway cast)
A Time for Singing as Gwillym Morgan (original Broadway cast)
Scrooge as Mr. Fezziwig
|Recordings||Here's Love (original cast recording) |
A Time for Singing (original cast recording)
Scrooge (film soundtrack)
Laurence Naismith was an English actor.
Born Laurence Johnson in Thames Ditton, Surrey, Naismith was a British Army officer and member of the Royal Artillery before becoming an actor, making his screen debut in 1948. He would make notable appearances in Richard III, Camelot and particularly as Captain Edward Smith in A Night to Remember. He was also lovingly remembered for his title role in The Amazing Mr. Blunden.
As well as his work on film, Naismith was often a character actor on television, appearing in The Persuaders!, and the BBC Television production of Romeo and Juliet.
Naismith passed away in 1992.
Naismith had four singing credits to his name on screen, as Dr. Pangloss in the original London production of Candide, Kris Kringle/Santa in the stage musical Here's Love, Gwillym Morgan in A Time for Singing, and as Fezziwig in Scrooge, where he joins his wife and jubilant party guests in listing the joys of "December 25th".
- December 25th (contains solo lines)
- The Best of All Possible Worlds (contains solo lines)
- Lisbon Fair/The Prediction/Dear Boy/The *Inquisition: Auto-da-Fé (contains solo lines)
- What's the Use? (contains solo lines)
- Here's Love (contains solo lines)
- Pinecones & Holly Berries/It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (contains solo lines)
- Expect Things to Happen (solo)
- Pinecones & Holly Berries/It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (reprise)(duet)
- What A Good Day Is Saturday (contains solo lines)
- Far From Home (contains solo lines)
- What A Party (contains solo lines)
- Why Would Anyone Want To Get Married (contains solo lines)
- Tell Her (duet)