Onegin is a 1999 film adaptation of the Alexander Pushkin novel Eugene Onegin.
- Ralph Fiennes - Eugene Onegin
- Liv Tyler - Tatyana Larina
- Martin Donovan - Prince Nikitin
- Alun Armstrong - Zaretsky
- Harriet Walter - Madame Larina
In early 19th century Russia, Onegin, a bored St Petersburg socialite, inherits his uncle's estate in the country. There he meets a neighbouring landowner and poet, and a widowed mother and her two daughters. The poet is engaged to the elder daughter. Her sister writes Onegin a passionate love letter but is cruelly spurned by him.
Onegin's flirtatious attentions towards the poet's fiancée leads to a duel, and the death of the poet. Onegin flees. On his return, six years later, he encounters the woman he spurned, who is now married to a prince. Onegin begs her forgiveness for his past behaviour.
- "Gelder Rose in Bloom" - Vladimir & Olga