|Born||June 22nd, 1920 |
Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Died||November 2nd, 1986 |
Tiburon, California, United States
|Productions||Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color as Ludwig Von Drake/Mr. Spirit |
Gay Purr-ee as Meowrice
Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol as Stage Director/Charity Man/Fezziwig/Old Joe/Undertaker
A Symposium on Popular Songs as Ludwig von Drake/Al Jolson
Les Poupées De Paris
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town as Burgermeister Meisterburger
Here Comes Peter Cottontail as Colonel Bunny's Assistant/Fireman/Father/Santa Claus
The Abominable Dr. Phibes as Singer
The Hobbit as Bombur/Bill Huggins
Halloween is Grinch Night
The Stingiest Man in Town as Ghost of Christmas Past/Ghost of Christmas Present
Jack Frost as Kubla Kraus/Father Winter
|Recordings||Les Poupées De Paris |
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
The Abominable Dr. Phibes (film soundtrack)
The Hobbit (film soundtrack)
Paul Frees was an American actor.
Born Solomon Frees in Chicago, Illinois, Frees initially worked as a vaudevillian before making his radio debut in 1942, going on to appear in such shows as Escape, Suspense and most notably The Green Llama. He also dubbed a number of foreign language films, including playing the villains in the spaghetti westerns A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More.
However Frees became best known for his work as a voice actor for animated films and television shows. He worked in several Disney anthology series (as well as providing voices for many attractions at Disneyland) and on a number of Rankin/Bass television specials, memorably playing Burgermeister Meisterburger in Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. Frees also played Boris Badenov in The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.
Frees passed away in 1986.
Frees sang in a number of his roles, including on several occasions as the character Ludwig Von Drake, including Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color and A Symposium of Popular Songs. He also performed in one musical, Les Poupées De Paris.
However Frees' most frequent singing roles came most frequently in his works for Rankin/Bass including Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol (in which he played both The Undertaker and Old Joe) and Jack Frost, where he performed two songs as Kubla Kraus.
- The Money Cat (contains solo lines)
- The Horses Won't Talk (solo)
- We're Despicable (Plunderer's March)
- The Rutabaga Rag (solo)
- Although I Dropped a Hundred Thousand in the Market, Baby (I Found a Million Dollars in Your Smile)(solo)
- Rock, Rumble and Roar (contains solo lines)
- No More Toymakers to the King (solo)
- The Easter Bunny Never Sleeps (solo)
- When You Can't Get It All Together, Improvise (solo)
- The Darktown Strutters' Ball (solo)
- That's What Bilbo Baggins Hates
- Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold
- Grinch is Gonna Get You/Members of the Un-human Race/The Spooks Tour
- One Little Boy (duet)
- There's the Rub (solo)
- She is Beautiful (solo)
- The Green With Envy Blues (solo)
- The Spectrum Song (solo)
- The Mad Doctor and the Creature (solo)
- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (solo)
- Mama Told Me Not to Come (solo)