|Born||November 14th, 1959 |
|Productions||The Monocled Mutineer as Perry Toplis|
|Recordings||Much Ado (1996 studio cast)|
Paul McGann is an English actor.
Born in Kensington, Lancashire as the second of four actors, McGann studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts and made early appearances in the television series Give Us a Break and The Monocled Mutineer before his breakthrough role as the titular "I" in Withnail and I.
In 1998, McGann was cast as the Eighth Doctor in the television film of Doctor Who and played the role on radio on numerous occasions, making his second screen appearance in 2013. He appeared in a number of films including The Three Musketeers and Queen of the Damned as well as roles in Jonathan Creek and Luther.
McGann's sole singing role onscreenwas in The Monocled Mutineer, where he performed "Let the Great Big World Keep Turning." He also appeared playing the leading role of Benedick in the studio cast recording of the musical Much Ado.
- Let the Great Big World Keep Turning (solo)
- Disdain (duet)
- This Strange Affliction Called Love (solo)
- How Can He Do This To Me? (duet)
- Madness (solo)
- Shame (contains solo lines)
- This Cannot Be! (contains solo lines)
- Then Kill For Me (duet)
- If I Could Write A Sonnet (solo)
- Then Let Us Marry (contains solo lines)