|Born||May 5th, 1914 |
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
|Died||November 15th, 1958 |
|Productions||Lloyd's of London as Jonathan Blake |
Love is News as Steve Leyton
In Old Chicago as Dion O'Leary
Jesse James as Jesse James
Rose of Washington Square as Barton Dewitt Clinton
Second Fiddle as Jimmy Sutton
Crash Dive as Lieutenant Ward Stewart
Witness for the Prosecution as Leonard Vole
Tyrone Power was an American actor.
Born Tyrone Power III in Cincinnati, Ohio, Power followed in his father's footsteps working as an actor, gaining his first starring role as Jonathan Blake in Lloyd's of London. He soon gained a name for himself as a swashbuckler, playing Diego in The Mark of Zorro and Jamie Waring in The Black Swan.
After serving during the Second World War, Power appeared in his favourite film; Nightmare Alley, and also made a number of successful stage appearances, including playing the lead in Mister Roberts.
Power passed away in 1959 whilst filming the swashbuckler Solomon and Sheba.
- Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes
- The Prisoner's Song (reprise)(solo)
- The Man on the Flying Trapeze (solo)
- Sweet Genevieve
- Oh! Susanna (duet)
- The Vamp (duet)
- The Curse of an Aching Heart (duet)
- I Poured My Heart into a Song (solo)
- Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (solo)
- I May Never Go Home Anymore (reprise)(solo)